Astral Observatory 8-bit Astral Observatory 8-bit

I may not be one to know about how to critique music all that much, but this is a damn good 8-bit track; and i'm normally not one to care for 8-bit all that much either.

Keep up the good work, mate.

Ayrayen responds:

Hello there LucidOrdinance!

Thank you for being the first person to comment on my works!

If you liked this 8-bit track you should check out the Original song (not in 8-bit)
it's titled: Astral Observatory Majoras Mask

It's really great!

However thank you for the response! :)

Zafrece-Skydive(Deleted) Zafrece-Skydive(Deleted)

it's like having your limbs cut off. Really. :V I know what it feels like to lose EVERYTHING almost, so you're not alone.

Fuck I miss hearing your music come to fruition right there in-front of me.

Zafrece - Robot Army-demo Zafrece - Robot Army-demo

I'm in the same boat too right now. Can't think of anything. Amazing what we are capable of in 6 hours... OTL

The only think I can think of at this point is to try a different shift entirely, like possibly some transition to classical. My reasoning behind it, is the theme we're doing of a robot army feels like an encroaching, menacing feeling. Something that instills fear. Normally classical approaches are decent from what i've heard in terms of giving the atmosphere for that. I fear that trying to take a dnb/trance style approach may get stale too soon given the theme.

Silver lining: FUCK YEAH DNB DRUMLINE! It really adds some pizzaz so I don't get bored. And as i've said a million times already, the clanging/choir intro is bone-chilling, love it to death.

Zafrece responds:

We need to get back to making a pic and a song. That was some fun stuff...

Zafrece - Test Flight Zafrece - Test Flight

Me gusta,. :V I especially like the shift that happens at around 1:35. Keeps it from going stale.

However, the one downer i'd comment on is the 8-bit ish melody that carries at the beginning feels drowned out too much once it hits 35 secs, and that imbalance from that being drowned out feels a wee bit wonky till 1:00.

Either way, it's amazing how much we have improved since we starting going balls off the wall crazy. I can hear a great improvement in quality since your livewire song. Good feeling, aye?

Zafrece - The Golem Zafrece - The Golem

Okay fine i'll finish the damn art to it. fuck.

Now that I have the clean version of this to listen to, I can finish. And Draw Keats.

It's just amazing how well this sounds now that all the bullshit was spliced out.

Zafrece responds:

Good job on the final art btw, it was better than i expected. Although i have learned not to expect much out of you. (trollface)

Purged - Animal's Piece Purged - Animal's Piece

This is definitely worthy of painting something to.

It's hard to find this kind of music for me, so I am glad you can bring this type of quality work to the table. Keep it up!

Zafrece - Collision Zafrece - Collision

Well if you're tweaking these to get these up to snuff, I guess I should get my ass in gear again as well.

The one thing I suppose I could say about it that I haven't already, is the sounds that start around 2:00 feel a bit odd. Only lasts for like, 5 seconds though. However, it's probably more of what I was used to from the demos you gave me, rather than some error now that i've listened to this song for the thousandth bloody time.

Zafrece - In Stone Zafrece - In Stone

Screw you, i'm stunting your growth with compliments. :V

Lovin this through and through. This issues with audio I had before aren't an issue anymore now that I can hear the song playing without "thank you for trying this demo" screwing with my perception every 5 seconds. The sounds I am hearing now are a lot more clear than the previews i've heard already.